Thursday, May 14, 2009

5/13/09 REPORT

First, congrats to all who scored a tornado today.

Got on the tail end of the line that formed near the cold front in OK. I made it to Bridgeport, OK around 6:00 or so. Stayed at the Love's truck stop and took a few photos of a developing wall cloud. I slowly made my way south and kept taking a few photos. I made it down to Binger, OK and had the dilemma of going south or west. It was getting late and I still had over a 3 hour drive, so I slowly went west and took a few more parting shots. The storm seemed to really speed up fairly quickly around dark. It almost seemed like it was going twice as fast as earlier in the day. Anyway, here are a few photos:






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love those photos! I wonder, is it true that the sky becomes a greenish colour just before a tornado hits? I read that in my weather lore book. We don't get that kind of severe weather here so I thought I'd ask you!