Saturday, July 18, 2009

7/17/09 REPORT

Myself and KAMR Meteorologist Chris Martin headed north from Amarillo towards Dumas. Got gas in Dumas and headed west to get to the convection near the TX-NM state line. As I was driving west out of Dumas I looked over my shoulder to the north and saw a base of an LP supercell starting to develop. I quickly pulled over at a gas plant and watched it from there for a while. We streamed video back to the station for a while and moved north about 3 or 4 miles to get a better look at the now mature and gorgeous LP supercell. The cell evenutally died near Channing so we headed back home and got some damage from either a small tornado or straight line wind about 6 miles south of Vega. Again, a T-storm watch does it for me. I didn't get a tornado, but I saw one of the best LP cell's I have seen in a long time, and it's July!!!





1 comment:

Dann Cianca said...

Gorgeous storm, buddy!